Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Fantasia Tatted Fan

I've opened up a blog for my tatting WIP's, works in progress. There's quite a few of them. Let's begin with my most recent one. This pattern is called Fantasia and is by a wonderful designer known online as Tatbit. This design was from a July 1990 issue of her newsletter, Tattle Tales Volume III. So far I have the base of the bottom done. I have yet to fill the top of the fan in and to also add the small butterfly to the bottom of the fan.
I was doing it in two colors to make it more dramatic but I'm not too happy with all the loose threads I'm going to have to eventually sew up. I might just restart this with a solid color thread.

4 comments:

  1. nice hand madwork
    karasiwa.blogspot.com
    wesstion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love all of Teri's patterns.They are so well written and so well designed.
    Nice to see a new blog on tatting.
    Keep posting.
    LOL,
    Vinnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! That is a lot of thread ends to hide! I keep saying I'm going to tat that fan, too, but never seem to get around to it! I might do one of Teri's smaller fan patterns first just to get the feel of if.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty work! Teri Dusenbury is a very gifted tatting designer!

    Hope you stop on by for my 1st Blogoversary/100th post celebration! I'm even having a giveaway! Do come on over! Everyone is invited!!! :)

    ReplyDelete