Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Table top request

I spent a few hours looking through patterns trying to find a motif to make into the small table cover. I found quite a few but I needed something clean and simple but still having that uumph factor to it. I narrowed it down to three patterns then ran across one Mark Myers put on his website. It's an antique pattern and when I saw it I knew I found the one. I started one and this is the first draft. I mistakenly left out one picot on the chains but I don't think it'll make much difference in the end. I tatted it with pearl 12 size thread. The thread given to me was too fragile to tat with. I think it might have been stored wrong because it keep breaking on me when I did a test tat with it.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely motif! That should make a lovely tabletopper. Are you making a centerpiece, table runner, or table cloth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the thread may have some dry rot. There may, repeat may, be some thread farther in that was not as exposed to air that may be usable. Good luck, with the table cover & the thread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TattingChic I'm making a centerpiece. She asked for one big enough to cover a average end table and two coasters that match.
    Sewicked I never even knew of dry rot. Thank you for telling me about it. I think for now I'm just going to work with pearl thread.

    ReplyDelete