Sunday, May 3, 2009

Mother's Day

I'm taking a small break from the tablecover to do some pendants for the mother's in my department at work. Then I thought since there are only twenty of us, I'd just make one for everyone for Mother's Day next week. I saw a lovely pattern on Yarnplayer's site that I wanted to do. This is the link to her blog http://yarnplayertats.blogspot.com/ and she graciously shares her pattern with everyone. Her work is so beautiful and the first one I made was for myself with the rose being black. I gave it to a little girl who was crying because she was tired (my son's only 15 months so I understand completely) and she stop crying right away. Her mother was so greatful for the child's distraction she offered to pay $10 for the cross. I let her have it without any payment and tried to explain it was a gift. It made me happy to make someone else happy with tatting.

2 comments:

  1. I love the rose on this cross pattern. Doesn't Yarnplayer have some beautiful patterns! I love her work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled onto your beautiful story here about the little girl, her mom, and your gift. How very sweet...brings tears to my eyes, it's so touching. What a lovely act of kindness.

    ReplyDelete