Monday, May 25, 2009

Slow down and relax

I have to take a break from tatting. I'm starting to get spasms in my wrists and hands from manipulating the threads so much. I feel sad, tatting is a wonderful way for me to relax. Well, I will take a break for a week and see if my hands feel better. Meanwhile, here is an entry submission to my county fair from last year. It placed second with my 3D florals placing first. 0.0 The pattern is a modification on Jane Eborall's 3D teddy bear pattern. It was tatted with size 80 DMC white thread with 2 biconal beads for the eyes and a simple bead for the nose. I didn't tat the tail because of time restrants so I use one of those wire pipe cleaners for it.

4 comments:

  1. That is SO cute. I love the mods on the pattern. I am so sorry to hear about your wrists and hands. Do take care - tat land can't afford to lose a tatter for long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice!! Good luck at the fair!!

    Hope your wrists feel better soon. Have you tried wearing wrists supports? Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your wrists start to feel better soon. It's too bad that they are hurting, but so important that you listen to your body and take care of them! Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts.

    ReplyDelete