Monday, June 22, 2009

Intermission

My internet is down for an undisclosed amount of time. Which in theory, would leave me that time for tatting, but now that time has been taken up with real world work. Still, the upside is that more work means more money for things we 'need or want'. The table cloth was ten motifs away from finally being completed when the person it was meant for wanted a more traditional style to it. AKA...doily. I was actually glad she decided it, because I so did not like working on this project. I'm going to do a pattern I've done before and it shouldn't take too long to get it done.
Meanwhile, I started to do Totsmel's tatted mask pattern, and I thought I was using the recommended thread but it turns out I wasn't. It's ok I can always start over. The pattern is pretty simple once you actually do it. Suprising how complicated something can look but turn out to not be once you begin. Here's a quick peek at it:

I still need the final round on the bottom and to clean and starch it. It's size is small, big enough for a larger doll or my daughter's chuihauha. I'm not a big fan of dressing up animals but I might get my larger cat, Kouga to pose with the finished project. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment