Monday, July 27, 2009

Doily

This is the beginning of the doily my co-worker asked for in place of her tablecloth.
She said I could take my time with getting it done. Then I recieved the notice from my local county fair. I want to tat for that but I feel bad starting because she's already waited a long time. So I told myself, " No fair tatting until I get at least her doily done!" And that is the mission for now.
My husband actually gave me the idea for my entry. The theme is 'Best of the West', so it's western themes. I'm going to tat a small table, cowboy hat, playing cards(4), and a beer mug. First place wins $175! Then there's still the cat and dog/frog contest, the 'Mexican' contest, and carf theme contest. My, my, my, I'm going to be busy tatting. More than likely I'll only do 2 but the western theme is definately going to be one of them.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your western tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your entries.

    I wanted to let you know that I'm having a giveaway! Be sure to come on over and join in!

    ReplyDelete