Sunday, October 25, 2009


This is the current progress of the do-over. I found out two important things while working on it.
 One: Pearl thread so does not like to be undone. I had to unpick my work only a couple of times, thankfully, and every time I did I found the thread became frazed. It was as if the twist was unraveling and it just fuzzed itself out.
Two: The was no avoiding cutting and tieing the thread on the long connecting chains. I didn't use the Balance Double Stitch this time because it was just a test tat. And as a result the chains are wobbly. I will have to block it because of the chains. I did the long chains first then encaspulated the ends into the border. This is where I had to unpick my work a few times. I kept confusing the joins in the center.
I suppose I could have just split chained it back to keep it continous, but that was so much extra work. The scissors just seemed the lesser evil. LOL...
Unfortunately the beads aren't clear in the dozens of pictures I took of it. Then I remembered to change the ISO of the camera and got this shot:

I tried to space the beads out so they look more symetrical and not cramped. I also only added beads to the outer chains of the border. I didn't want the work to look too busy with it. I kept the picots size in relation to the length of the chain. I was going to make the outermost chain's picot longer but they kept twisting up on themselves and it just looked messy. It took me roughly two days to do this, but I think it's going to take at least another 2 weeks to finish it. Not to complain about work, especially since so many have none, but  I would like to have 2 full days off a week. They schedule me for 6-8 hours a day and it takes me an hour to get to and from work, I only get one day off a week now. I hardly get time to work on this project. And that bugs me because when I have a goal in mind, I don't like interruptions. LOL.. right now work is an interruption. In any case, the beads in this portion are light green, I was thinking of using dark green in two of the arms opposite of each other and see how it plays out also I might do the dark green with the Balanced Double Stitch. In my mind the combination looks good, how it turns out in real life is another story all together.

2 comments:

  1. You are a trooper! It is such a lot of work and that thread id so difficult to un-tat! Looks great so far.
    Keep those new shuttles out of the WC!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the words of encouragement Fox..lol..

    ReplyDelete