Sunday, November 15, 2009

This has not been my month for tatting. Earlier, my son destroyed a shuttle, and flushed 2 down the toilet. Then today as I was getting off the bus on my way to work, I lost a pair. I thought that I had them in the pocket of my apron that I wear, but when I went for them during a break, they were gone. I triple checked all my pockets just to be sure but no they were gone. It was a busy day today at work, but the last time I really remember having them was when I got off the bus. One of the shuttles was a metal shuttle that DMC puts out and can be easily be replaced at my local craft store. But the other was a Lacis shuttle. I'll have to order another one online and wait for it to arrive. *sigh* And the unfortunate project was the El Dorado doily. I had one arm left and the connecting chains still needed to be put on but essentially it was just about done. This is going to be the third time I'm going to start this particular doily.
My daughter suggests doing another doily instead. She thinks that it's not meant to be because I keep having to start over. She has a point, but I'm a stubbon person. So since my schedule at work is back to normal, I have all day Monday and Friday to work on it. If left alone to tat with no interruptions, I can finish an arm in about 4 hours. But of course, with a toddler that time is a luxury. My goal is to have it done the day before Thanksgiving.  Wish me luck.

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear you aren't have much luck with your shuttles. To loose one shuttle is bad enough, but now three. Also its so frustrating trying to find time to tat, especially with a toddler around. Hope next month is better for you in all respects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Hope your son keeps away from those shuttles. You almost need a lock box, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your son sounds so much like my 24 month old grandson!! I'm chuckling, but I totatlly understand the frustration. When I visited, I took my tatting out once, then whisked it back into the bag. It was just too much temptation for the little guy! He took many short naps, but I never did get any tatting done that whole week. They're just so into the moment of their world at that age & trying to discover it all as fast as they can. They're hard to keep up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry you are having so much trouble with your shuttles running off...I agree with tattingchic about a lock box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys for your kind words. I was actually thinking of using one of my makeup train cases to store my shuttles. It has a lock on it. Plus I hardley wear make up anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I notice you use metal shuttles. i was given an old one ( Thirty to fifty years old) that I will never use. Shoot me an email if you would like a very old Boye shuttle!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete