Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Toys, toys, toys....
A few months back I got some extra money from a settlement. I didn't spend it on myself like I wanted and my husband suggested. With tax season here our refund afforded me the chance to take that money I would have had to money I do have. One must have is a replacement for my netbook. The damage to my ACER was done by "nobody" so I had to swallow my anger and make due with what was left.
The keyboard is smaller but I have small hands so that's okay. It's designed for originally for kids but it's a tablet so I'd thought to give it a try. Now I can graph my few patterns and such directly on the screen. So I can cut down on the many extras I've been having to hook up. One of my other toys is a 16G IPOD Nano. I put those earphones on press play and I can tat for hours on end. Now for the good stuff....okay it's all good stuff but these are want I really wanted....
Clay shuttles...
I'm a cat lover so I could pass up that shuttle. I thought I'd try those mini shuttles with my size 80 thread, leaving my regular shuttles for larger threads. I prefer bobbin shuttles up to now because of the ease of changing threads, but lately I've been using post shuttles and I find I like them for projects that don't require alot of thread. I was hoping to purchase one from LadyShuttleMaker but she only had metal ones and I was looking specifically for clay. I want to get a feel for them. I have metal, plastic, and wood, so I wanted to have that tactile choice.
I did finish some of my to-do's listed in the last post. The roses were recieved with much appreciation from the ladies at work, I kept one for myself. The Arches doily is 2 down 1 to go. I wanted to make a larger one but the only way I could think of doing it is to adding more rounds and expand it that way. The ElDorado doily only had a couple of the smaller flowers added to it. The gloves are still more thought than practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment