Monday, March 1, 2010

Back from my family trip to Disneyland. We had a blast. One sad tale, my wooden Shuttle Brothers Shuttle cracked. It's still usable but I'm afraid to, in case using it will cause it to break in two. I think I can fix it with some wood glue and sandpaper, but for now, it gets stored.
I didn't really do much tatting on this trip. So now I'm feeling slightly guiltly about that. I've picked up the giveaway doily earlier today. My tatting speed has dropped. Not that it was very fast to begin with but I have noticable slowed. Two hours later and I didn't even finish one of the side panels. *sigh* I do have to get some more of that blue thread to continue working on it. I just about finished all that I had, only the shuttle I'm using has any left.
I found some size 30 thread here locally (usually I have to buy online) but only in white. I bought a ball of it, thinking to dye some thread but I don't have any particular color in mind. I like greens but I think I'll burn myself out of that color if that's all my box holds.lol...any suggestions? I want to keep it solid, I don't want more verigated.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, NO! Not a broken shuttle! That is tragic. I have the resin GR-8 shuttles, which are wonderful and will not( I don't think!) ever break, in case you are thinking of replacing yours. I really am enjoying the resin one.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would contact the shuttle brothers first and get their input on fixing it. They might even offer to do it themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for your advice. A gentleman at work is a jack of all trades and he fixed it for me today! I just have to leave it alone for a couple of days for it "to set". I will definately have to get one of the resin ones. Just to add to my ever growing collection. ^_^

    ReplyDelete