Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Curtains


I started the curtains while spending a few days visiting the in-laws. I did get a good block of it done before I realized perhaps the negative space would leave just a bit too much sun through on days you may not want. So then I restarted them with some size 20 thread I had with me. There isn't that much of a difference between the two when you stack them. When you set them side by side and the 20 seems significantly smaller. If done with say size 80 thread it would be a very pretty lacey thing. But I just don't want to invest that much time into it. Laziness, I know, I can't seem to help it. I just want to spend my days sleeping right now.

3 comments:

  1. Curtains are a very ambitious project... good for you! I crocheted curtains for my bathroom. They took me 12 years to complete, and one panel is longer than the other, so I'm not completely happy with them. I know my tension changed, and that's why I have a size difference. Maybe I'd be more consistent with tatting. I can't wait to see how yours turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, a tatted curtain?! huge project. looking good where it is now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 12 years Diane, I never thought I'd be able to hang on to a project that long. I would have lost it a long time ago..lol.. it's great that you finished them though, I have alot of UFO's laying around hogging up my shuttles..
    Thank you Val for your kind words..

    ReplyDelete