After a day that went by way too fast, I managed to finish the first magnolia.
I was debating whether or not to use the fan in the background. I am happy with the way it turned out, but to do 10 of these, I need more time. I redid the fan's design at least four different times. I finally settled on this:
I tatted the magnolia and sewed on the ribbon and pin clasp on the back. Then I made the fan. By itself with just the ribbon, I think the flower looks nice. After attaching the fan, I thought it may look too much like a corsage. Time is what is making me hesitate. Perhaps if I folded the ribbon around another way, I won't have to use the fan. I also wouldn't have to worry about not completing it on time. This was tatted with size 20 thread in white, HDT by me in pink/purple and the fan with green/sky blue. It measures 5 inches in length by 2.5 inches in width, with the ribbon attached.