Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mothers Day Tatting

After a day that went by way too fast, I managed to finish the first magnolia.
I was debating whether or not to use the fan in the background. I am happy with the way it turned out, but to do 10 of these, I need more time. I redid the fan's design at least four different times. I finally settled on this:
I tatted the magnolia and sewed on the ribbon and pin clasp on the back. Then I made the fan. By itself with just the ribbon, I think the flower looks nice. After attaching the fan, I thought it may look too much like a corsage. Time is what is making me hesitate. Perhaps if I folded the ribbon around another way, I won't have to use the fan. I also wouldn't have to worry about not completing it on time. This was tatted with size 20 thread in white, HDT by me in pink/purple and the fan with green/sky blue. It measures 5 inches in length by 2.5 inches in width, with the ribbon attached.

3 comments:

  1. Love the look of your blog background! And the tatting is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you "redecorated," hee hee! I like it!

    Your magnolia is magnificent. Like the fan too. They are so pretty!

    If the ribbon is really bothering you, why not add a sprig of real flowers to make the magnolia into a corsage?

    I do think it is a lovely combo, as is tho'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies, I was feeling 'pretty'. LOL

    ReplyDelete