Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bedrest equals boredom

Okay it's been what 3 days since my bedrest started? I can't believe how bored I am. I've tried tatting but I can't concentrate on that for too long, my mind wanders. I've tried origami, again, wandering mind. I've read books, too fast. Napped, I can only sleep so long before I get grouchy. I've even tried to learn to crochet. I've never realized how much moving around influences your day. My daughter is outside enjoying the new pool, DH is at the in-laws with our son visiting his brother who is down from college for a week. I'm feeling left out.
I haven't taken my prenatal pills today. I know, shame on me. Suprisenly, I haven't had any nausea today. I still don't have much of an appetite, but I can eat. I think something in the pill combination is what is making me sick. This is the second time that I've skipped taking the pill and the second time I feel almost instantly better. I went online today to my 'baby forum' and read of others who've had the similar problems with prenatal pill making them ill. Most of them had an issue with the 'fillers or glues' that make up the pill. It makes one think, especially since I'm having similar problems. Well, I call my nurse hotline since my Doc is out doing hospital runs today and run the thought by them to see if there was any merrit to what I read online. Come to find out there is. Some females do have a 'side effect' to the fillers and usually they prescribe prenatals with a lower count of some of the vitamins within. Now, it's not too common, they said, but it has been heard of. I ask if there was something I could do until I see my Doc to have that verified by him. They suggested I keep taking the pills given to me already. We go around in a circle for  a few moments then the nurse tells me I can take certain children's vitamins in lieu of the prenatals. But I would have to suppliment the vitamins it doesn't contain enough of, like calicum. I would end up taking more pills than just the one prenatal. Not what I wanted to hear. It was also recommended that I take the pill after dinner but at least 3 hours before I go to bed. So, until my next appointment, I'll try doing the after dinner hit.
So now I'm back to being bored in bed. BIB..lol..that was kinda funny. I think I'm going to have to break out the old cross stitch bucket. I haven't done that in years....I don't have any patterns to work off of, I lost most of them, but I do still have a computer program that makes up patterns for you from your pictures. Have to have my daughter find the CD, can't be too hard, I only have 2 caselogics with programs in them. I do remember sitting for hours on end working on that and I was never bothered by it. Perhaps that's what I need for now. We'll see how that goes, I do have 4 more days in this bed with limited activity. Good news is, that I've stopped spotting.

4 comments:

  1. Bedrest would drive me bonkers for sure! I have a suitcase full of small cross stitch projects I have been holding onto for a rainy day. (Today it rained in my corner of Tatland.) Email me and I will happily send you cross stitch kits to keep BIB at bay.

    isdihara at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your spotting has stopped and you seem to have discovered the source of your nausea. A friend taught me to tat while I was pregnant and confined to bed. I hope you find the perfect solution for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to read you have been having trouble. I was on bedrest with my oldest because I spotted also. I was very glad to do whatever for the baby, but never imagined how TIRING bedrest could be! I wasn't sewing much then and didn't tat. Can't remember how I whiled away the hours. Cross stitch does sound like a good distraction though.

    I have also experienced nausea because of my prenatal vitamins. With my fourth baby (three years ago), my doctor gave me some samples of prescription vitamins. Each day you took two. One was the regular vitamin and the other was one of those gel-type fish oil vitamins. I don't know why, but I wasn't keen on taking the fish oil at first and just took the other for a few days (I'm stubborn I guess). Then one night I felt guilty and took the fish oil - BOY did it make me feel sick! I talked to my doctor and from then on just took the regular vitamin. Glad you have spoken to your doctor about it and that you were able to figure it out.

    Take care of yourself now and after your bedrest is over. I didn't have anymore problems that first time, but I remember my doctor saying not to lift anything over ten pounds - gotta say that one came in handy and I took FULL advantage!

    :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to focus on anything when you're worried about what IS happening and what might happen so I understand why it's hard for you to concentrate and I'm sure being in motion makes it easier not to dwell on anything. That said, you're making good progress and I hope you're able to get up and about soon and feel better in the process.

    ReplyDelete