Thursday, June 24, 2010

The first square is complete. Well, except for hiding ends that is. I only have four ends to hide, including the outer chain work. I used split rings and tried a self closing mock ring to jump from round to round. I believe I'll continue to use SCMRs and split rings to do the next ones. After looking at the finished product, I can see where I can possibly make this entirely CTM with only one set of ends to hide. The square measures roughly 5 inches from corner to corner. I also unwound and re-wound the bamboo thread into 2 plys. It's not as soft as the 1 ply but it's still softer than the original size 10 and significantly lighter as well. More appropriate for the project in mind. I only snipped a small bit of thread as a test tat. With the results being what they are, I'm going to do the rest of the ball this way. I'm also going to set some of that rewound thread aside to dye.
Here's a size comparison for you. The size 10 tatting is really dirty, my son ran around with it outside and I just managed to get it back for a quick picture before he snagged it again.
I have a doctor's appointment today, and I'm hoping they'll do the ultrasound today to let me know if I'm having twins or not. I might have to wait though, I don't remember them having a portable ultrasound machine at the office. It's a general practice, so I may have to go elsewhere for that. Then again it has been almost 3 years since I've had to use that particular part of the practice.

3 comments:

  1. I've tried figuring out how to complete pieces without having to cut and tie between rounds. I just can't seem to grasp the concept unless it's already written out for me. I'm glad there are people like you around who can figure all that stuff out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your throw for your baby or babies will be lovely & filled with their mommy's love. Which is priceless! Good luck with the doctor's visit today. As long as one isn't hiding behind the other your ultra sound will give you the answer you are looking for. Sometimes though one likes to play hide & you can't see me until I am born game too. Just so your baby or babies are healthy that's all that really counts. Your family are in our prayers for all to go well & you all to be healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twins???

    Like Diane, I need that written bit! Good for you for figuring it out!

    ReplyDelete