Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Talk about short attention spans- Long story

Just one more day of bedrest...
I was searching the internet for a cross stitch pattern I remember making oh, was it 10 years ago? Something like that.LOL..I can remember in my mind's eye, the website I purchased it from, their layout of the webpage and most of the patterns that caught my fancy. I even had a page that had the web address on it. Unfortunately, it turns into a dead link. The company no longer exists, well it has been a decade. So instead I try to google the picture, hoping to find someone who carries the pattern. After about 3 hours of mind numbing searching I run across the picture...
Now I found this in a gallery for a company that sells the background cloth, hand-dyed. After more clickies, I find the name of the pattern but not the company who markets it. Another google search and I found people who still carry the pattern! I felt accompished. Then I promptly lost intrest in making it. *shakes head* Since the crocheting was hurting my hand, I kept jabbing myself with the hook, I went back to tatting. I decided to do an 'antique'  pattern from Craftown, a square motif . I figure since your basically doing blocks, I can add as many as I like to make the baby throw. After starting the first motif, my mind returned to cross stitching. So in goes the program disk that let's me make up my own. I run into a problem..I never wrote down the activation code. No code, no work. GRRRRRR...So I email the company. Yes, they have records showing my purchase (good thing I registered), sure they can re-issue me a new activation code, no problem. The catch..it's not compatible with Windows 7! No update available to make it compatible. I set that aside and pick up my shuttles again. Then for some reason, the threads on my shuttles don't look to be the same size.. 0.o  ....I only had one ball of size 30 that I'm positive I wound my shuttles with. Rather than second guess myself, I unwound two full shuttles and redid them with the ball of 30. I forgot what pattern I was working on. *hangs head in shame* So back to cross stitching. I find an online pattern generator (free) and some downloadable demos to newer versions compatable with Windows 7. So I do a test run...
I think it came out pretty good..here's the original..

I chose black and white because I didn't want to mess with a bunch of threads everywhere. I already have that problem with my tatting. This here is the link to the free one online I used to make this pattern. I do another of my daughter and one of DH and I.. I used photos from our recent Disneyland trip earlier this year. That's my son excited when we first arrived there. We had to cut his beautiful hair because of the heat and goop that got stuck in it. I found head shots work better than body shots..So after downloading the patterns, again I lose intrest. What is wrong with me? Back to the shuttles. I still could not for the life of me remember what pattern I was making. I open up my browser history. I spend too much time online.LOL..eventually I find the website again and save it this time. So now here I am, a whole new day, projects to make, but not enough concentration to stay with one. The day is mostly over and I'm still in my pajamas. I will be so glad when I can be mobile again, maybe then my mind will be mobile too..

No comments:

Post a Comment