Saturday, July 17, 2010

Knots and Chains

I've restarted making the Chinese knots. I have no camera except my phone so picture quality is choppy at best.
I began by making a Good Luck Knot. Then I did a ring of the Double Coin Knot with a metalic bead in between sets of two.
When I got to the rough circumference of my finger I began tatting a chain to connect to the top of the Good luck knot. Then I put a small ring of 3-3 with a chain of 5 to give it a bit of balance. Unfortunately, I broke my thread so could not finish the chain. I tried to add to the thread, but I ignored the rule...Only add thread at the beginning of rings or chains. So I'm going to have to cut off that last portion and add the thread at that last ring.
It's pretty flimsy since it's all thread, so I may in a future date add some wire to that tatted chain. I don't have any here and I can't justify buying it for just one project. Once I can get the bottom also encased with the chain, I plan to split ring it down to a smaller motif. Yup, it's going to be one of those bracelet/wristlet corset or whatever you want to call it. I'm going to try and add a Pan Chang Knot along with some other tatting to cover the back of the hand. To finish off along the wrist will be all tatting.

No comments:

Post a Comment