Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The first cat

So here is the first of the two cats I'll be deciding between. This is done in size 10, yes I said 10, black thread. The pattern is from Tatted Animals by Inga Madsen. I do like how it turned out. I was also saying I didnt want all my entries to be 3D-ish so I suppose it can work out. I guess we'll just have to see how that other cat comes out. I was thinking of doing the 3D kitty in size 20 thread but I did it in white thread before, so I'll have to think on the color.
I also was thinking of doing a second of Tatbit's pattern. It the blossom bracelet. I have begun to learn how to crochet, so I can try to make that crochet flower. I made it before with her 'Stacked Flower' instead of the crochet. Unfortunately, she took offense to my substitution of it, so I may not make it if I can't make out the flower in crochet. I did make one the sides with Yarnplayer's Teenybopper color thread in Pearl size 12. I will be wearing it, as I'm  trying to see if I can get a table to display my tatting at the county fair. We'll have to wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. I do think things made with size 10 is just as beautiful as it made in other size thread. Your cat is amazing. Plus your bracelet is delitcate too. Good luck with getting the table you need to knock the socks off others with your tatting. Just make sure you take it easy at the fair.

    ReplyDelete