Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ribbit...

Going back to the original plan...*cough,cough*

Since today IS Thursday I went down the list and today's project is Jane's Red Eye Tree Frog. Unfortunately, there are no red bugle beads in my stash. The only ones I have are silver. What the heck, why not try it? Thought I was on a roll then I noticed my OOPS...
I didn't cross my threads right and was heading the wrong way. I didn't want to spend an hour un-tatting the mistake so I cut the thread. After loading up the shuttle again, I try once more. Funny thing while making this is, when I have upbeat music playing in the background, my tatting goes by faster. When it's just the T.V. I tat slow. I suppose the tempo of the music is dictating the moment of my shuttles. I open up my media player and make a random playlist of my DDR collection (Dance Dance Revolution..it's my all time favorite video dance game). And here's what that tempo helped create in record time...
No mistakes this time. ^__^     I'm really happy with this one. Time permitting I may add a lily pad with some metal wire and make it seem like it's jumping off of it. that would be more interesting, no? If there's no extra time, it's still done. I have roughly a week to get the entry form in. Although I'll still have a couple of more weeks to get my submissions completed. So no more la-le-gaging (sp?). Now the question being...What to work on next? I suppose I could do the dog, but I'm not really feeling it right now. What haven't I started yet? There is that soccer ball. It's going to have to be 3D on that one. Time to go look into some hexagon shapes. Or maybe have a go at the margarita glass. I don't want to work on the Fantasia fan or Totusmel's mask. Oh I know! I'll see what everyone's up to and take a quick break. Then I'll go back and work on that soccer ball. Never know who's work is gonna motivate me to get tatting.

6 comments:

  1. He might not have red eyes, but he sure is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute frog and I do love his eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's SO funny. One of my students at Palmetto got one leg drooping too - due to the lack of a SLT or something!!!! We all decided he was just meant to be that way!!! Congratulations on getting to the end - not the easiest of patterns but no starting or stopping to sew in ends, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for you kind words..*smiles*
    Jane, one thing I loved was the fact that I DIDN'T have to cut and tie any ends until the very end. Although after 'getting it' on how to switch the threads..lol..

    ReplyDelete
  5. From seeing the first leg & foot to seeing the whole thing done, all I can say is man, that's one frog that has all the rest of the frogs jealous cause she's got the best looking toes around. She's very lovely!

    ReplyDelete