Monday, September 27, 2010

Camera shy

I haven't felt so sick after eating since the beginning of the pregnancy. It was horrible. Enough said.
My current work on the Antimasscar is now nine finished and half of one square completed. I was working on it while at the doctor's and kept getting glances and whispers of 'she's crocheting/knitting'. When people ask, I tell them  it's tatting, but today no one was really that interested. They were content to just have something to rest their bored eyes on. I was considering of doing that diamond shape in the blue instead of the wheel, but not sure if I'll carry that out in the end. No pictures right now because my son is finally asleep and I don't want to disturb him. He wakes up if a light is turned on anywhere near him.

I've hit a mental road block with the designs for my "Tatted Shuttles". Honey sarcastically mention that for the price I'm paying, if I'm not happy with what I tattted for them I could just order new ones later down the road. Hmmmm...he has a point. Christmas is coming up, a time for gifts..yeah. So for now, I'm going to use shuttle shaped designs already out there by other wonderful designers rather than beat my poor brain, trying to make one up.

2 comments:

  1. I have not been able to come up with any shuttle-shaped designs of my own... not even an inkling of an idea! I do love Anne's shape for size 20 thread, and of course Stumpy works well for me. Now that I have two designs that I like, I'm having fun experimenting with different threads! Designing is just going to have to take a back seat for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the whole 'fresh off the presses' mentality that has me wanting to make these first shuttles...I don't know, make people say "Wow, OMG! I didn't know you can do that with tatting."

    ReplyDelete