Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Outing

Had a nice outing. Except for the incredible humidity. I felt like I could barely breathe. We took a trip to Walmart and I had to have some nerds candy. I never cared for them before but my brain had to get them. Walking down the 'Halloween' isle there I found some cute little storage containers for $3, best thing, they come filled with candy! I got two, one with Now and Laters and the other with candy corn flavored taffy. My son is scared of anything halloween-ish so we didn't stay there long.

 Afterwards, Honey took me to JoAnn's and I picked up these two spools of Coats verigated thread. One in greens the other in a brownish/orange. I thought they would be perfect for a pumpkin motif. Also got me some Thread Heaven. Now here is where I was shocked...Last year, that little box cost $2.99, then in June they raised the price to $3.49. Today's going price $4.99! I was planning on getting two of them but didn't have enough to do so. I know in the grand scheme of things it really isn't that much considering how long one of these containers can last, but in the NOW, I was definately suprised. I must really keep tabs on where I put this now. I did get a 50% off coupon to use in the next week and I plan on doing so. I think from now I will take advantage of coupons to get more Thread Heaven. It never goes on sale so I know the coupons will always qualify. Here's the stash...

2 comments:

  1. I think all prices are too high these days. That was a huge increase in a short time though. Love your site. Just sarted my own site. I had a great time looking at all your interesting ideas. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you tatting fan. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete