Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hiccups

I have to get my santa packages finished and mailed off soon. I have the little 'extras' I plan on sending already, it's just finishing the actual tatted pieces that I've put off. I had so many ideas, but when the time came to actually do it, I kept procrasting.

One thing that's been distracting me is the crocheting I'm doing. I messed up the blanket I was working on, so I thought I do a practice piece. It's a simple shell pattern available, well everywhere for beginners to crochet. Then as it began to grow I thought of what type of tatting could I add to the edge so that the two different types would compliment one another?
I don't really care for this one. Primarily because I've made it so much lately. I'm thinking of using one from a Burda magazine, it looks like little mushrooms that I thought would be cute. The only thing is that the pattern is for a oval shape and not a square one. We'll see how that turns out, hey it's a practice piece afterall.

Tomorrow we go in to for our final ultrasound. Hopefully, the baby will co-operate and we'll know if it's a boy or girl. I put my money on boy. But that's not the purpose of the ultrasound, it's to determine if I have to have a C-section scheduled. I have mixed feeling on this. Part of me does, simply because I do not feel like laboring for hours on end and it would be nice to have an actual date to plan everything around. The other part, well, likes the idea of not knowing when (can you say lottery?) I'll go into labor and I don't really like the idea of being cut open, unless it's absolutely necessary. Thus the purpose for tomorrow's appointment.

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty edging - hope it turns out well for you (since it's round and not square)

    Congrats on the pregnancy. May you have a happy, healthy baby!

    Oh, and thanks for following my blog!!

    I've seen your work, and it's very pretty!! I really like the 3-D flowers in your photo slideshow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of a complimentary tatted edging to go with the crochet pattern. I hope you find just what you are looking for.

    I'm so glad we have options to increase the safety of birthing our little ones. Sounds like you are in the good hands of a physician who is inclined to be careful.

    ReplyDelete