Monday, February 7, 2011

Hearts and Flowers

Here I switched back to the older style blog editor and I can finally do a post! As far as tatting goes, I have just started doing some with the size 10 thread. Since my color choices are seriously limited with this size thread, I decided to do a magnolia. Instead of white petals, I'm going to use the black. Well, it's either that or green.
I know it looks a bit washed out but the pink is rather bright, not pale like it shows here. I also tried doing another older pattern that was on my external, it's a heart but I don't have the designer info. Only the graphic pattern instructions were saved, so if anyone recognizes it please let me know so I can credit the designer. It's on the first round. There's only 2 to it. I made the mistake of not keeping track of my progression and skipped a couple of rings. This pattern is pretty straightfoward to do, so I'm suprised this happened. Here's the final heart.

4 comments:

  1. This looks like "Old Fashioned Heart" by Etha Schuette, nicknamed Maus. My copy is from a website that no longer exists and the Wayback Machine can't find it. Is there an url on your copy that you could try on the Wayback? I just wondered if your copy came from a different site since mine doesn't have graphic pattern instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no info or url. It's just the graphs with the stitches marked in a random folder. I'll have to google Maus to see if there's any connection, thanks for the lead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's Maus's too but that website no longer exists. (the RR site) I tried a quick check on Georgia's site but she just has links to the old sites that are gone.

    ReplyDelete