Friday, February 18, 2011

I just noticed that I haven't finished making that Green Knots bookmark. Usually, I hate to take more then two weeks with something unless it's to be framed or entered into say..my county fair. I think that's been there since December? In any case, that's too long. Time to finish that bookmark and find a new project to replace it with.
And now we have progress on the fan. The colors rotate row by row but since this is being worked with alot of split rings, I had to decide if I should do solid colored row by solid colored row or if I should just switch which shuttle is the ball shuttle. I decided it would look better solid by solid rather than bit by bit.
I was sent an email notifying me of possible entry into the California state fair. Rather, that it was coming up and if I was interested in sending in my work the entry time period was coming up. I do modestly well here locally, all my tatting has gotten a ribbon. Wait, let me rephrase that, at least one of my tatted entries have received a ribbon. There that sounds better and less conceited right? I've never competed in a level like the ones I'm likely to encounter if I enter. It's awful tempting to do it just to see how I do. I've contacted one designer already and asked for permission for using their pattern for my entry since it wasn't stated whether or not it was allowed. So I guess in the back of my mind I've already decided to do it. I have a few weeks to submit my entry forms and pay the dues, but I don't have to actually send in the pieces for a couple of months. I'm just afraid that if I commit to do this, that I'll forget. I still have to design the pinata for this years county fair and get that tatted up as well. For that, I will have the tatting attached to plastic canvas because it will need a frame for support. I just hope they don't mess up the entry category.

No comments:

Post a Comment