Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Naked Duchess

I started to use the purple Omega thread to make the 'Duchess' from Yarnplayer's Boutique book. I call it naked because I had no beads when I began this. I was playing taxi and waiting for my "customer" to get off work. I love the fact that the patterns are graphed, long hand texted patterns don't hold my interest for very long. I also didn't take the right turn where I was supposed to..I just went with the flow.
I have here just a bit more progress on the fan. I do like the way the colors are complimenting one another. I just have to remember to keep track on the black to white ratio. I hope hiding the ends doesn't turn into a chore in itself. One thing I was trying to avoid is the little bits of color that show up when a join is made. I read on Jane's blog that she found a solution to what she calls the 'blip'. I do have to give it a try.

1 comment:

  1. The naked duchess looks nice... I was actually wondering just the other day how it might look w/o beads... now I know!