Monday, February 21, 2011

Slow breezes

For some reason Saturday's post was saying it was done on Friday and Sunday's completely disappeared. Blogger's being wonky again. I had to cut this entire section off. I had made a mistake on one of the butterflies and was unable to retro-tat it. No worries though, I thought of doing some of them in black and some in white to make it a bit easier to make them out. I hope it looks pretty in the end.

These are the only shuttles I allowed myself to get this year with my part of our 'bonus'. I am tempted to order another two cards of those SewMates. While I love the fact we have a second vehicle, I'd be a liar if I didn't say I was a disappointed with how much we had to spend on it. No complaining..I told myself, I keep telling myself. I did get a nice little book in the mail today. It is Yarnplayer's Boutique Tatting! I got it for one pattern...The Duchess necklace on the cover. I was debating between that and her newest book and in the end, I really wanted to make that necklace.

There are still six days left to toss your name in the hat for the Fantasia piece I'm making. The deadline is March 1st.

2 comments:

  1. All those shuttles ! I love getting new shuttles (and am waiting on mine to arrive)

    I really had to LOL when I read that you bought the Boutique Tatting for the Duchess necklace (it's an awesome pattern, BTW)

    A friend of mine gifted me that book for my birthday because she absolutely loved the cover (and she doesn't tat)

    Hope you enjoy your copy as much as I do mine. I'm actually in the process of making another Duchess necklace - I should have a post about it soon

    Take care
    Give the baby a kiss for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to put my name in the hat. I almost missed this.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete