Saturday, April 30, 2011

Distracted..again

I saw some wonderful pictures of jewelry made with the Japanese chain mail style. So on my way to Walmart, I found

jump rings in the jewelry department and thought, why not give it a shot. You don’t need any special skills or tools, a simple

pair of needle nose pliers and jump rings was all that’s needed. So here’s a basic try based off pictures I’ve seen online.

                                                                               IMG0005

My apologies on the lack of clarity, apparently it’s hard to take a good picture of shiny stuff after dark with the florescent

lamps. While I was down said jewelry isle, I also found some black beading wire that was really flexible and I was

thinking of trying it out in tatting. I’ve done metal tatting attempts but the gauge on the wire was very rigid and hard to

make rings close or look very nice. IMG0006 Now this beading wire feels more like vinyl encased thread but still, it’s something

new to try out and perhaps this is what I need to pull myself out of my tatting funk. If it tats well enough I’m going to make a few

little motifs to send along as ‘apologies for the wait’ for some gift recipients. Only there’s only 2 people, but even making

one person wait for something more than a week is unacceptable, usually. Okay, that’s the retail part of my brain talking but

I don’t want to get into the habit of always playing catch up with my projects. I’m off to try this new thread out but I’ll most likely

have to pull out the needles instead of the shuttles, I have a feeling it’s going to work up the same way the stretchy cord did.

No comments:

Post a Comment