Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Coins and confusion

My pathtag trade has safely arrived. Thank you kind postal person for bring me treasures and not bills. *giggles* And this is the other tag I have, the 2010 honoring Mary Konior. Then I began to work on the Fantasia fan again. Multiple tries on this. I don't understand why I'm having such a hard time with my projects right now. I didn't remember to do the blimpless join by Jane Eborall, so I restarted. I just realized that it's kind of hard to make out on this picture. But, the black butterfly frayed really bad on one side. How this happend, boggles my mind. I supposed I could have just cut that piece off but the way I carried the thread made it such a headache to hide those ends. I began again. Then I noticed that the flower count was not right. I seemed to have added an extra ring to the white flowers. Then I stabbed myself with my crochet hook which had me bleeding over the flowers in question. But hey, at least this time, I remembered to do the blimpless join! I think I'm just going to give up on the size 10 thread. This is the only thing I can think of (okay blame) for my inability to finish this. The thread is just too harsh, er big, for my hands to manipulate. So now I'm going to try with some Pearl 8. I do have the necessary colors in size 20 but I did promise a large fan and 20 wouldn't give quite the right size envisioned. Maybe I should just do it in the 20, I remember the larger Pearls being flimsyish and I do not want to stiffen this within and inch of it's life. It's lace not plastic..right?

No comments:

Post a Comment