Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I'm officially on vacation for two weeks. Whoo-hoo! Let's see if time off equals progress made. I did find an edging that sparked my intrest and I made a test round of it. There are alot of lock joins to keep it's shape since it's basically all chains with the exception of the small ring of the center of the flowers,with the occasional split chain to move from one motif to the next. This design works well since adding the frilly chains should be a simple matter. It just has a few picots to connect to but that's okay since the base will be covered up in the end anyways. No use in making it fancier than this.Now the next part will be figuring out how to add the next round and keep it balanced. To move down to the feet should be a simple matter of reduction. If I use each level of the flower there as a frill row, there is potentially four rows of frill on this piece alone. That way I can control how much fluffiness I have in the end.

2 comments: