Monday, July 4, 2011

Sometimes you just need some color in the day

I'm determined to get the fan finished. Determined, I say! *giggles* I thought to use some color. It's a little washed out but the green is a minty green. Yup, I'm using the nylon thread. It is closer to the size promised and the infusion of color has helped keep me motivated on working up the design. It's much prettier in person. For the butterflies I'm debating between the purple and the variegated blue. What do you think Sharon D? Or would you still prefer the monochromatic one? Which would look more pleasing to the eye? In any case, this is one of the top three projects being worked on. Another one is a doily by Jan Stawasz. I shamefully started back in February and haven't really worked on it since. There was a mistake made where I climbed out wrong on a split ring so I'm having to restart there. Only 7 more square motifs not counting the one being worked and that would end the center of it. I hope I have enough of this light grey to finish. I dyed this thread last year and I don't think I'll be able to replicate it so I'm crossing my fingers that there's enough to finish this portion at least. For the outer layers I have a charcoal-ish dark grey that came out of my recent dye play with my son.

1 comment:

  1. Hi like the color for the fan. Use which ever color you think will look best. I am not real picky. Have a great day.
    Sharon D.

    ReplyDelete