Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Shhh..it's a surprise

I just received some extra fund-age(bonus check!) so I decided to splurge a bit. Handy Hands had a summer discount of 15% so I went there in search of some more Lizabeth threads. I picked up a few balls, didn't want to get too carried away, all in size 40 except for one in 80. I did find that for some reason the other ball of Lizabeth 80 I have tats up a tiny bit thicker than DMC 80. I double checked the labels to make sure I wasn't confusing it for 70 but nope, it was 80. Maybe it has something to do with the way they're twisted.*shrugs* I also ordered a book I could have sworn up and down I already had but couldn't find anywhere..Mary Konior's Tatting with Visual Patterns. And with everything it came up to less than half a tank of gas for the van..*evil giggles* I also picked up another pair of shuttles from Old Tyme Antiques . These are super tiny. I got them for some size 100 thread I was considering getting. I changed my fragmented mind on the thread but keep the shuttles. They are made of Hickory Wood. A Clover shuttle for comparison. I also managed to get a teeny bit of tatting done. That is a definite Tatted Shuttle motif. I already have 2 on order and since I did have a 'bonus' I ordered one more. That motif was made with size 80 DMC red thread and it was "lifted" from a hanky edging from Book 229 Coats and Clark magazine. I'm having to do most of my tatting into the super late hours of the night because I have very curious children who demand 100% attention, which is fun most of the time but it does leave me wondering what day is it and where the hours went.....

3 comments:

  1. Well done, I am glad you had a nice tatting shopping, I know you will enjoy the book.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel with the kids - I only have one & I can't imagine trying to juggle two kids, a job, & my tatting!! :)
    How do you like your new shuttles? I ordered a set the size of clovers from them & love them dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. RandaGary, I love these shuttles. I've already owned 4 pairs in different woods and sizes.
    Margaret, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete