Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Blah, blah, blah, says the cat

Today was a semi-productive day. I spent the day assembling some of the exercise equipment we sell at work. I grossly overestimated the strength my body has now. Last year I could push out a treadmill in 30 minutes flat. Now, thanks to back issues and whatnot, it took me four hours, between customers of course. Funny thing is my body's muscle memory was tricking my mind into believe it could still work like it used to. And my mind was starting to buy into that hype, until I had to flip that treadmill to it's side...*sigh* I had to take a breather. Still it felt so good to be working with my hands rather than my mouth. I suppose I'm getting burned out on being a salesperson and just want to be one of the grunts in the back. Tatting, well, I added a few rings to a cross pattern I picked up online. More on that tomorrow. I also recieved in the mail today, the UV resin. I was so incredibly tempted to try it out. So I did a quick whatever sample. It did not come out well since the sun had already begun to set and I do not own a UV lamp. I need to go and pick up some molds from my local craft store. So tomorrow that will be on what to do plate, along with the first true samples of the tatting pendants..are you excited? I am!

1 comment:

  1. Yes I am excited to see what you are going to make.

    No good asking me to put a machine together, I would not have the strength.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete