Sunday, September 18, 2011

Just a quickie

Just a quick stop in to say I have made another blogger for all the different resin projects I'll have going on. Why bother with another blogger? Well, I was thinking that I'd used other stuff besides tatting , so I didn't want to bog this one down too much with off topic things. I'll post pictures of finished projects that DO have tatting in them, but I won't go into too much detail here. Usually I'll update both on the same day so if you see a picture you'd like to know more about, you can head over and read the story there. No more new bloggers, 3 is my limit, my mind will forget and I doubt I have more time for any other crafts. Here's progress on the dragon. It is being made with wire as the core. I didn't want to bother with having to stiffen later on down the road. Using the wire, has made it more time consuming though. Ignore my hair there in the picture. The great thing of it being wired is that I can adjust to whatever position I may need it to be in. I have the other elements in mind, but I am still undecisive if I will go with a smaller thread for it or use size 10 to finish it off. Using the ten will make the work go faster, but if I use say, size 20, the dragon would stand out more because of its size. The only options for other colors in 10 are black, white, or pink so that may impact the final outcome as well.

3 comments:

  1. Its lovely and you are really getting into this.
    Well done
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally impressed that you now have THREE blogs! I can't even manage ONE! I hadn't noticed your crochet blog before, and checked it out! I love that 'kitty' pattern. I know several people who would love that as a potholder or table mat! Your baby blanket had a great start!

    I can't believe you have any time at all for crafts, with your work schedule and busy family life!

    I'll certainly be checking out your new 'resin' blog and your progress. It could be (yet another) fun hobby with some income potential. Be sure to pay attention to all precautions about working with the resins.

    ReplyDelete