Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Rememberance

Yesterday in the very early hours of the morning, we recieved an international call, my grandmother passed away. She lived to a full age of 94. Now why I am sadden by the news I'm also relieved she's at rest. Last year she stayed with us for a few weeks. Her mind had already begun it's decline, confusing or forgetting things and people. In a moment of clarity, she told she wanted to return to Mexico so she can rest next to her parents and siblings. She said she was happy with the life she lived and was ready and waiting to move on. My mother and brother visited her earlier this year, and we knew she was ready to go. While she wasn't very crafty, she did love her roses. There isn't a single memory I have of her without her roses. So, while I can't travel to be at her funeral and mass, I can pay homage by making a bouquet of 94 roses.

5 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry for your loss. What a lovely idea to make the 94 roses, I'm sure she would be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts are with you at this time.
    Fox

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always hard to lose a loved one, and I am sorry for your loss. I love the idea of 94 roses, a true memorial for your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though we know a loved one was ready to go, it still hurts. You can be thankful for and treasure thoughts of the time you had with you Grandma as you make 94roses as a very special memorial. I am so sorry for your loss. Karen in OR

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry for you loss. The 94 roses will be a labor of love and a fitting way to remember her.

    ReplyDelete