Friday, February 17, 2012

Mindless tatting

Doing it again. This time I've noticed that alot of older patterns all pretty much use similar if not the same bases. The two examples are a hankerchief and a doily. It's essentially the same pattern. The stitch counts only differ by two double stitches on the rings and chains. I realize back then communication wasn't as easy to come by as it is today. Still, this repeatition is a kind of turn off when working older patterns. Especially when muscle memory kicks in and something totally different pops out then the intended piece.

I know my tatting "goal" is hearts this month, but I've lost interest there already. It's more like I'm missing variety of end shape. Also I'm ready to go back to work and there's human resource drama which is delaying me actually going back to work even though my doctor has cleared me. Paperwork is the devil. To distract my growing boredom, I ordered in some more Starlight Shuttles. I love the amount of thread they hold and with more ready to go, I'll be able to tackle a larger project.


No comments:

Post a Comment