Friday, March 30, 2012

This pattern is the Single Pass Edging by Jane Eborall. I wanted to work the corner to see how far out it went with size 40 thread. I lost my position when I set it down so I snipped it off. I think that with the size 40 thread, the pattern should stay closer to the edge. This hanky is on the smaller size. I love the pattern, but will have to use it on something else. I did try another 'shorter' pattern, but the color picked didn't compliment it at all. This has been a frustrating month for tatting. I just couldn't get into the mood. With all the lovely thread addition, I'm setting April as my floral pendant theme. Perhaps all I can manage are smaller motifs. Then as those are completed, work my way back to longer projects.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've got a plan. I agree it is a lovely edging. How about a smaller thread? That would allow you to use a wider edging on the hanky without overwhelming the size of the hanky.

    ReplyDelete