Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mother's Day bracelet

This is the halfway point on the bracelet. I like butterflies and they like flowers so I had to find a way to incorporate them together. The centering ring is of course the butterfly but I think I should have started there in one color then worked my way up and past the magnolia. I was thinking of placement being just around the wrist, but those tend to snag on stuff too easily for me. My teenage daughter says the colors are ugly, but what I was trying to symbolize are pebbles and water for the strips. She shook her head and said the flower looks nice before leaving. There is a bit of thinking on how to bring the stips evenly across from one another, so I'm thinking of shortening the amount of rings to bring the bridging chains closer together. I can easily see how this will convert to a necklace if the bracelet turns out to be too difficult to manuver.


1 comment:

  1. Looks lovely so far, trust the younger generation that they don't like something to say something horrible. The colours are beautiful, I am sure your mother will love it.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete