Saturday, April 14, 2012

Not sure..

I was commissioned to make some name plaques. If she wasn't a friend I would have said no. Tatting in letters will be a first for me and although I have a couple of books that have alphabets in them, this feels like it's going to get complicated fast.

I could do simple, but these are for her babies. I'm guessing she's expecting heirloom designing. It would help if she was a bit more specific, but the only thing she gave me to go on was color preferences. When I pressed for more direction she just said she trusted me with finding the right design. Yeah, I'm feeling the pressure. Not to mention she needs these in 3 weeks. Breathe..

3 comments:

  1. Oh, goodness! What if you did a fancy first letter and then more simple letters for the rest of the names?

    I know it's cross-stitch, but maybe this blog can inspire some lettering for you? http://patternmakercharts.blogspot.com/

    I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

    ♥,
    Stephanie Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm afraid that's a task I'd have turned down. I hate working under pressure.

    ReplyDelete