Friday, June 29, 2012

The importance of planning

I am so fraustrated with this hanky I'm working on. Out come the scissors. As I was turning the second corner, I made the discovery that the way I was working is not going to work out. There is , definately math involved. To get the corners to fan properly there has to be 12 repeations of large and small rings. I didn't take that into account and simply tatted until I reached one corner to another. Now, I've decided to wait until the edging is finished before I even attempt to attach it to the hanky. Less wear on the hanky holes this way. Also if the hanky isn't completely and perfectly square, I can cut it to fit. Anyone else have this issue?


2 comments:

  1. That's such a shame. I do hope you find a way round the problem. I've never tried tatting directly onto the hanky so can't help you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nightmare, I hope you get it sorted and you find a hanky to fit

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete