Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Omg, really?

After a rather tiring 2 weeks trying to adapted to new routine I'm in need of some tatting therapy. I even had a project purpose in mind, the hanky. I didn't really give my thread collection much thought since I still had to finish the first round. That accomplished, I went in search for my thread box for shade of purple that I wanted to add. I could not find it anywhere, so after a day of fruitless searching I asked my husband if he knew where it was. He literaly rounded his shoulders and slumped that drew out a very long "yeah". Into the closet he goes, choas comes out. As soon as my daughter caught a flash of that red box she got super excited and it didn't take much to figure out what happened. This is the edited version, apparently some balls were too tangled to survive so he cut them off and threw them away, outside so I wouldn't see them when I got home. He asked if I was mad..I should have been but I wasn't. At least I know she was fully entertained for one day. Now starts the tiring unwinding and detangling and rewinding. This box was stuffed full, now I'm estimating that a third of my supply has been lost. Silver lining....? Shopping spree next payday guilt free to replace my lost balls plus a new book tossed in to make up for this...travesty. Luckily my Honey never reads my blog, so he can't see me mentally laughing at all of this.


5 comments:

  1. My thread lives higher than the little kids could reach. So sorry about the "disappeared" purple. Sometimes joann.com has sales on Lizbeth's older colors (of course Handy Hands has free shipping on $100 or more). The new Fun with Split Ring Tatting is a must have if you are getting to spend LOTS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious! Happy thread shopping!
    Fox ))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great shopping spree, new thread and a book wow I think he's going pay dear
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! At least you can shop guilt free! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. Well, at least you are making lemonade out of some pretty tangled lemons!

    ReplyDelete