Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Its about time

After many many months, the two year mark coming up in October, I have finished my motifs for my tatted shuttles. The hold ups ranged from time to colors to the actual motif to be used. I did adaptations to patterns. The first one is Green Knots, where I shorten it by removing a section. This was made with the last of my size 80 Celery HDT by Lady Shuttle Maker aka Sherry Pence. The sepia one Parchment,is also HDT but by Yarnplayer aka Marlee Rockley. The pattern is the center of Frivole's pattern with the points added in to make the length to be shuttle in form. I don't know what it is but I love the arches in the tips. There's just something about it thats asthetically pleasing to my eye. Today they start their voyage and hopefully within a month they'll be home new and improved. I'm so excited!

Edit: For whatever reason my spellcheck changes Marlees last name. I corrected it now, sorry Yarnplayer for the misidentification



5 comments:

  1. How exciting! I look forward to seeing your new shuttles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have tatted in both HDTs! Bravo and the wait was well worth it...and no doubt will be even more worthwhile once they lace returns, new and improved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celery is also Marilee's. I hope you have a better experience with your tatted shuttles then I did. I only got 3 out of the 5 I sent motifs and payment for, and it took a couple of months or so to get those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to seeing your new shuttles
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet those shuttles will be real treasures!! :)

    ReplyDelete