Friday, August 3, 2012

The rose I tatted yesterday was a bit too fat to lay nicely on its own. I divided it up and made a fuller rose with a bud off to the side. It looks much better.

The second motif could have been made with a different color choice. Even my Honey who was excited about the color of the thread said it would look better in a solid color. I completely agree. It looks too busy to appreciate the actual design of the piece. It's from the 1912 version of the fraubergshiff....i can't get the full spelling out with my mobile, it keeps self correcting the spelling. But its available through the online tatting class as a pdf download.


3 comments:

  1. The rose looks beautiful well done
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really pretty motif. I think the blue and gray are lovely, but it is a little hard to see. The rose is gorgeous also; I've never made any 3-D tatting, and I'd like to attempt the challenge. I invite you to take a look at my tatting blog: www.straightlacedtatting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice motif and roses!! :)

    ReplyDelete