Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Yup, yup, it's my birthday! Honey gave me the best gift ever...a distraction free day! So after having some pizza for lunch, my Mom and I went to Michael's Crafts. We killed almost three hours there. My bring homes were modest this time around.

I picked up some findings because after reading everyone else's dodads posts, I want to try my hand at it. I went with the antique looking ones rather than the really shiny silver ones. I also got a plastic oblong ornament. I read on Intatters, that someone was curious on how to add a motif into one. Now I have to figure that out. I also got some tiny barrettes to add tatting to. These would be good in my youngest daughter hair.

I also got a two pack of expandable 6X6 photo albums. I figured I could use one for my small doilys and other smaller motifs. And the second can replace our Disneyland autograph books. My youngest has torn the pages out of two of them. I was going to try my hand at book binding, now I have an easier way to accomplish that task.

But my favorite purchase, the one that has me in excited squeels in the Interchangable head crochet hook. I've been eyeing this for a long time. Plus it has the really tiny hooks, size 13 & 14. I can't get those sizes by themselves.

The day is only half done. What a wonderful day it has been so far.



8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, I am glad you are having a great day.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. Many more happy returns

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with your new 'toys' Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyonr for sending me birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry I missed your Birthday.

    Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete