Monday, March 25, 2013

One week left

This is the third time I've gotten sick in this month alone. I wish I had energy to be crafty in any way, but it's all I can do to stay awake. The flu has never effected me so strongly before. But this is not a boo-hoo post. I did get a little bit of therapy in, retail therapy! I managed to purchase an excellent copy of Tatting and Design by Gun Blomqvist and Elwy Persson off Ebay. I had this book but it was damaged by my little Katalina's curious fingers and Crayola Markers. I also added another ball of the Purple Marble Lizabeth thread so I continue working on the Jan doily. It was supposed to be three but I ordered two in size 10 thread instead of the 40 I was working with. I have no idea how I managed to do that. It's okay I can make some more decorations for my walls or even a couple of small mats for my tables. Or maybe some 3D flowers...I finally got a pair of the Aerlit shuttles to my collection. I've already put them to use. I love the hook on the end, but my hands are so used to the larger Starlit shuttles that I'm afraid I'm dropping them alot. I'm going to make these my 'work tatting' shuttles. When I'm on break at work I don't have to worry about carrying around a crochet hook for joining. I've lost a few hooks this way. Tatting usually doesn't require too much concentration on my part, but even then you know you should stop when you make the first part of the double stitch, space out, and when you come to, wonder what it was you were trying to do.

I'm at the halfway point on the crochet baby blanket and I will end up having a few extra skeins of that thread left over. I think I'll go browse YouTube for some easy baby slippers to make to match the blanket. It's not Tuesday but I've been indulging in so much tea I should have leaves sprouting out my ears. ^_^

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are not well, the flu is a bad germ and can last up to six weeks, I know I have had so many bouts of it now I have the flu injection before winter starts, not that winter has not gone away, it's still here in the UK with bittern winds from Russia and snow in most of the country spring is a long way off.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to jar that you are sick!

    I've got some yarn I'm thi king of making a hat with, will starlit be big enough?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete