Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Blink

Back side of bank
I wanted to show you this cute item I found at Michael's. I forgot to mention it in yesterdays post. It's a bank! It's not very big, at least in size comparisons to my kids giant hamburger and princess piggie banks. It caught my eye and I almost bought it. At the time, I thought it was just a model until I turned it over and on the back I found the entry hole. The price was a little high for this shopping excursion, but the gentleman I was speaking to informed me it would be going on sale in a couple of weeks and to come back then. Or wait for another 50% coupon to load into my mobile phone. I don't sew but the fact that it's a crafty type of model, tempted me to bring it home. I was thinking instead of coins put bills into it and it could be my thread stash allowance. *laughing* Since Mother's Day is coming up in a few weeks I may drop not so subtle hints to my Honey and have him get it for me.

On the tatting front, I have three more medallions on that annoying row of Jan's Doily. When I began this row each medallion only took about 30 minutes to make. By the time I was halfway around it took an hour and a half. Then it went to a day. The plan is to finish this in the next two days. The row not the whole doily. I do have a baby blanket to finish crocheting, thankfully it's 3/4 done and the stitches go by fast. I was also making a matching pair of booties and those will probably take four hours. I have about two weeks before the mom goes on maternity leave. I just feel like I'm being rushed and it's all my own doing. I need a two week vacation to recharge my batteries, so to speak.

Happy Tatting Tea Tuesday! Right now I'm enjoying a cup of Starbucks Mint Tea. It's the only thing keeping me away from the soda's that are jeopardizing my weight loss. I'm trying to pick the lesser of two evils since I do add sugar to the tea. Even so it's less than that can of Pepsi. I've gone down two pant sizes and I want to keep that momentum going. I'm not counting weight as goal measurements. Afterall the scale can say ten pounds were lost but the clothes still fit the same. True measure of success will be by cloth.


1 comment:

  1. That's an adorable little bank! I could drop hints until the cows come home (we don't have any cows, so that would be a long time), so I guess I'll have to do a little shopping for myself!

    ReplyDelete