Monday, April 15, 2013

Sit back and relax

Busy. That's how my days seem to fly by. I had two days off in a row and I was left feeling more exhausted than my regular work days. I have four projects in various stages to finish. Two of them with deadlines fast approaching. One with it long past. I need a magic wand to conjure up some more time.

On Facebook, a fellow tatter posted a photo of the finished Doily/Mat that I'm working on. It has prompted me to keep working on it. I'm still on the same row but I have 14 of the 18 medallions that make up this row done. I have a feeling that once I get past this stage, the rest should go by fairly quickly.

I also began on Anna's Doily. The pattern I purchased on Etsy. I wanted some bright springtime colors and I was afraid the green I wanted to use was "too loud" so I used a slightly darker thread for contrast. They are both Lizabeth size 40 thread but I have no color number since my Kat has taken all the  identifying cards out. This pattern is fun to make. It also gives the satisfaction of almost instant gratification. There isn't a lot of rounds to this portion of the pattern.

I'm hoping to get the rest of the day to myself to be crafty. I'm having to wake up early to take my teenager to her job. Normally this wouldn't matter, but I have problems falling asleep. There are nights when the sun is beginning to rise before I can sleep. Being sleep deprived is so not condusive to being crafty. One good thing about taking her to work is being able to go shopping at Michaels Craft Store before the normal crowds of people are out and about. Let's see what kind of damage I can do to my wallet today. *laughing*

3 comments:

  1. Anna's Doily is very pretty! Isn't it funny how we can be nudged into working on a project just by seeing someone else's post? Just think, that beautiful purple doily will be finished in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Anna is pretty! Good colours.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on Anna's doily. Your other WIP is looking fabulous too. Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete