Thursday, June 13, 2013

Anniversary



Today marks our 5 year wedding anniversary. On the day's roster, is a leisurely day spent going to antique shops. Maybe catch a movie. We plan to just let the day lead us where it will.

Last night I received this as a gift:

Inside this book was a pattern I've been wanting to do since I first laid eyes on it. When I first learned to tat (with a needle), I put it aside because of the hassle of tangle threads. A few years later doing an image search of tatting I ran across this picture.

It renewed my spark for tatting, I picked up some shuttles, a metal Boyle and Plastic Susan Bates bobbin shuttles and got drawn back into tatting with the help and guidance of our friend Gina, the Tatting Goddess. At that time the only place to get shuttles (the two mentioned before) was at my local Beverly's Craft Store. It was and still is conveniently near Rosemary's Ice Cream Parlor. Years pass and this motif get's forgotten but I continue to tat off and on. I mention it to Honey and he remembered and with the help of my eldest, they place a secret order and get me this book. I flip through the pages and when I see that pattern it's like a moment of happy remembrance. I had to make it.

It just the first one but I'm so excited to have this book. Now let me share a moment of mischief from my youngest. She was trying to "help" me.

I've managed to get most of the recovered ball wound up, so far it seems like this ball of thread can be saved. I had it out because I was working on finishing up the Anna Doily.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Alma! That is a terrific book, though I find the patterns very challenging, especially that little cross you whipped up! Very pretty.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I see why you wanted that book - the motif is really pretty! Yay for you - and what a thoughtful remembered gift! Your "helper" is most likely cute enough to make up for the "help" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I am not familiar with that book but seeing your motif I may have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!

    I have this book but have not tatted anything from it, :(
    I bought it because of the square motifs in it. It is not often that you find a book full of square motifs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! What a lovely thoughtful present from your darlings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary, Hope you enjoyed the day, what a great gift from your love ones. I hope to see more from the book.
    Glad you got the mess sorted to finish your doily.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for the wonderful well wishes. ^_^

    ReplyDelete