Saturday, August 24, 2013

I can't believe it

My Honey calls me and with a very careful tone, tells me that our youngest daughter got into my craft room. He had fallen asleep while putting our son down for his nap.
I didn't think it would be too bad. And I thought she would limit her destruction to my crochet balls of thread as she usually does. But to my surprise when I walked into the room....
She completely destroyed my resin projects.


There was glitter EVERYWHERE! My pieces that need just a little bit of fine sanding before they were to be shipped out, broken. Molds with resin curing, lost or gummy with half cured resin and the odd bit of materials stuck to them. Freshly made molds, gone, just gone. Bottles of resin, empty or missing. My rotary tool, luckily still functional after removing goobs of Modge Podge glue off it. I had received a package from Marie from Pineywoods, I didn't even get to open it, and it lay in a crumpled heap on the desk. I did notice though, that Honey managed to save two lovely little add ons..
He gave me two smashed pieces of hearts and one larger one that I may be able to glue back together that was also included in the package. I was in complete shock. I could not believe that my little girl could cause so much damage. I know she was acting out because she's bored. We tried to enroll her in preschool but she was still too young. She needs an outlet. I'm trying to be understanding and not let my temper get the best of me. It's hard. We did put a locking door knob on the door. And we did our best to salvage what supplies we could and clean as much of the paint off the walls as was possible. *sigh*

9 comments:

  1. Oh no, I am sorry. I'd find it very difficult to be understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! I would have a difficult time holding my temper, and then I would have to have a good cry. Luckily, they're just things, even though they do represent hours of labor and hard earned cash. Any chance you can get your daughter interested in her own little craft box? It may take a while, but I'm sure you'll be back on track and laughing about this with your Honey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many sympathies. It sounds like the little one needs a serious dose of "this is mine, that is yours." Good luck on the salvage operations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have born 4 children and love crafts and I been there. the best thing is involve her with her own work and she looks just right for finger knitting, have you ever herd of it! and I have worked on things at there nap time or late at night I find peaceful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my!!! I'm so sorry. It sounds like you have a good hold on your temper- yay you!!

    My condolences!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have lost it!! If you can use the hearts, I'll send out another batch. Just say the word.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie. I was able to fix the larger heart but the smaller ones..they didn't survive Hurricane Kat. I'm waiting for my next shipment of resin supplies before I can put your heart to use. ^_^

      Delete
    2. I'll get a new set made and send them out early this week. I'll make new of all and add a little gripper to the back so they will be easier to pull out of you mold.

      Delete
  7. I am in shock just reading this and seeing the photos. My heart goes out to you! It's a difficult situation!

    ReplyDelete