Saturday, August 31, 2013

The aftermath of Tornado Kat

The MomCave has now been cleaned and mostly organized. I set up the display rack in the corner and pending some shelving, it's good to go. Most of my threads are okay, she couldn't open the dispenser balls most of them where stored in. The accessories for my rotary tool have to be replaced, but the tool itself is fully functional. I have a very small bit of molding compound left, and most of my Oyumaru was salvaged. Even though it was cut into tiny pieces, I collected them and put them back together. The resin is gone. I had to throw away a few rugs but I'm glad they were there and it wasn't the floor carpet that got gooped.

Pattern by Karen Cabrera
I finished my Mother-in-law's rosary in time. Ironic that she doesn't have time to spare to get with us right now. It'll stay tucked away until we see her again. I still haven't gone to the store to get the topiary supplies. Then again I've only done one flower but I'm working on some of Kim's Forever Roses by Kim Miller. I use this particular pattern to test myself, development-wise. When I began tatting with a shuttle, it was my nemesis. Now I can breeze through a petal pretty quickly. I get such a sense of accomplishment working it. It makes me wonder why I thought it was such a hard piece to make.

The work world is filling up more of my days than I would like right now. With Fair time approaching, I have to buckle down and kick my shuttles into overdrive again. I'm going to have to simplify the pinata's base just to finish it. In the end it won't matter because it's going to be covered in picoty chains anyways. The birds I work on while at work. The flowers I'm trying to keep at home projects. This way as they finish, I can add the stems and if the mood hits, add some beads to mimic water droplets. Also, the patterns are all stored on my computer and I don't want to take it with me to work. I'll never get what I get paid to do, done.

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to salvage some things and get everything sorted out so that you can move forward! Good luck with working on your fair entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the fair entries, I am sure you will by hook or by crock get it all done.
    Beautiful rosary.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I should have a little Tornado Kat come visit me so that I'm forced to orgnize my sewing room. ;-)

    I'm glad you were able to get everything put back together. Good luck with your fair entries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound so much more hopeful, yay! That display rack really has me thinking, great salvage! Your rosary is lovely, I keep meaning to try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rosary is gorgeous!! I'd put a lock on your room, no more mishaps. Sent out more hearts. You should get them Friday. Also added some swirls and pansy that may work.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. you do sound good and things look good ready to go again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're getting things organized and are moving forward.

    I was wondering if you still have your separate resin blog, as I don't see a button or link for it. I think it's amazing how far you have come with your 'experiments' and I know you'll get things up and running again. But the Fair is a priority right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see your workshop is getting back to normal though very sorry to hear of the wreckage! All those pretty shuttles! Your mum's rosary looks really pretty.

    ReplyDelete