Sunday, August 18, 2013

Where are my shuttles right now?

 I'm tatting, really I am. Currently my shuttles are busy with my fair entries. I have a few almost finished items. I thought I'd concentrate on the largest piece, the birds. It's a collection of different birds, from simple to more complex looking ones. I began with some of the more complex, simply because they take up the most time. I do have a month to finish and turn in my samples, but I don't want to wait too long since I'm splitting my time between using and making my shuttles.

The parrot is by Mary Parrot. I can't remember when/where I got the pattern. I found it while looking for another bird pattern. I have Jane's Eborall's pattern also waiting to be made.
I made this cute Woodrose by Ushakiran.Kota. It was graciously shared on Intatters.com. I began to fall asleep as I was making it, not that the pattern was boring, I was exhausted. I got lost in following the pattern so the leaves didn't turn out right. It is a beautiful pattern.

 I put aside the peacock tail until I can find the second ball of that size 80 thread. I know I have a ball, just not quite where it's at right now. So it's going on hold for now.


 I was originally going to use Karen Cabrera's Rosario pattern as a entry. Then I remembered my Mother-in-laws birthday is a few weeks. She once asked for one of these, so gift making it is.

I put in a couple of hours working on the Jan Doily that was supposed to be completed a long time ago. I'm going to run out of the purple marble before I can finish this. I placed an order for more but it is temporarily sidetracked. Tracking number says it was delivered today. I have no package. Unfortunately, I have to wait until Monday to find out what happened to my wayward package.
The last one was putting the finishing touches on a pendant. I was starting my Etsy shop and I had to have something to list. It's not ready to open quite yet. I wanted to have close to a dozen shuttles made before I did that. A couple of my shuttle testers did receive their shuttles but it looks like two of them still haven't made their way.  So on Monday's to do list is to make replacements. I'm glad I'm not ordering my resin supplies online. I think I have to look into renting a P.O.box for my packages.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I never realized how much until I typed it out. *laughing* Sleep? Who needs sleep? All I need is coffee. ^_^

      Delete
  2. I hope you get it all done, the peacock tail looks beautiful, I hope you can get more thread for both the peacock and the doily.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. all these things look so nice, you are busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, you've been busy! I'm happy to say that my shuttle is in good working order, and it has kept me happily tatting all weekend. However, I don't think I can catch up to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you have been and are awful busy!! Everything looks really good! :)

    ReplyDelete