Monday, September 16, 2013

Martha's Dragons

I couldn't help it, I had to. This is the Chinese Dragon from Martha Ess's new Flights of Fantasy book. I forgot to add the bead for the eye, so I'm going to sew it in later. I plan on making all the zodiacs for my little family. They're not in this book, just the dragon, but there are other animal patterns to use to complete my project. Dragons are so hard to come by.
Remembering those plates I picked up, I thought they'd do good for a frame. I'm debating whether to put a picture on them or just the tatting. Maybe a photo printed on transparent or vellum paper.

5 comments:

  1. Tatting Nyonya on Etsy has a couple of the Zodiac patterns for sale; she plans, in time, to design all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info! I actually have both the snake and bunny pattern, ^_^

      I'm in need of a tiger pattern along the same lines as those two patterns.If you find any please let me know. I was planning on using that rabbit and I also have a dog pattern already.

      Delete
  2. I love the patterns in Martha's book! That dragon is amazing!

    ReplyDelete